Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sensory Break - A Post by Dan




Sometimes when we are working really hard on school, our bodies, brains, and senses need a break. We have a great place to go to refresh us, we call it Narnia. It's a little grove of trees down in the woods below my house. I like going there because it's fun and it's close to the mudflats. You can see wild geese on the mudflats at this time of year.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Dan,
    Thanks for taking me to Narnia on Thursday. I felt like you were sharing a secret with me. It's so beautiful and peaceful there. Aren't you glad we live where we live? We're blessed! I did have a hard time keeping up with you jumping over streams and such. I look forward to watching you do the eyeball dissection next week. I hope I can stand to watch the whole thing! :) Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dan,
    Narnia is such a beautiful and peaceful spot. I love going there with you and watching all the wildlife. Rememeber the other day when we were there we saw a family of deer. They thought we were part of nature and walked right by us. What a great place.
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan,

    Next time we are in North Bend, I would like you to show me Narnia. The Narnia books are some of my favorite books and I love the beautiful land around your house. Thanks for sharing your school activities. I find them very interesting.
    Love, Stew

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniel-san

    Now you are talking about places that I like to go – NARNIA. Your Narnia looks pretty fun, with so many birds and creepy creatures to see. I remember looking out on the mud flats the last time I was there. I sometimes wonder how C.S Lewis was able to create a land that we can all go to in our own way. In my mind I see you as the Prince Caspian in the books. Now I see you are reading the Hobbit – one of my ALL time favorite books. It’s also a favorite of Alex. We can’t wait for the movie to be completed.

    ThanX for the cool pictures on your Blog. See you soon.

    Darrell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Dan. I thought I was a follower of yours before but when I looked I didn't see myself on the list of followers. I am now! I LOVE Narnia! Next time I come I would like you to show the place to me. I think I would love it. Also, next time I am there let's go to Horsefal beach. I love that place. I hope you are enjoying The Garden School. Sometimes school is hard, but hang in there. I love you!

    ReplyDelete