Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life - a post by Dan

Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life is a really funny book. Jeremy is a mutant candy collector. He's not very adventurous but he knows a lot of interesting facts. He is interested in time travel. Jeremy's friend Lizzie (friend, not girlfriend), is a shoplifter. She is a good friend for Jeremy and they look out for each other.

We have read to the 4th chapter, where Jeremy and Lizzie are trying to locate 4 keys to open a special box that Jeremy's Dad left for him before he died. The note on the box says "The Meaning of Life: For Jeremy Fink to Open on His 13th Birthday." - Dan (:(:

3 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you are really starting to like this book. I remember that on the first day, you didn't think it looked like the kind of book you would be interested in. Good for you for branching out, being flexible, and having an open mind. I think it's already paying off! - Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan, I love your blog. The pictures, your story, comments and everything! I'm so happy you have such great teachers! I watched you on the trampoline and taking a walk with Erica from my window. It made me very happy. Everyday I watch your school building as it takes form. It will be a wonderful place to learn! Love, Nonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you have a blog Dan! It's fun to see what you are up to in your educational endeavors. I haven't read this book you mentioned, and I like the title - I may have to check it out at the library and see what it's all about. It was fun to see you and your family last weekend. I think your new school house is going to be awesome when it's done. I'll be watching your blog to see what you're learning! - Lisa

    ReplyDelete