Thursday, January 20, 2011

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night


Today we played a game where you collect story elements and then make them into a story. Dan got a dragon, a cave, a knight, a Puss In Boots, a sack of gold, some magical potion, and a hot air balloon. He wrote the following story. There can be no doubt that this young man is very creative.

Beware: Not for those who hate dragons or are easily frightened. If you hate Puss In Boots, you'll be OK.

It was a dark and stormy night, and the dragon was asleep in his cave when the cat, Puss in Boots (OUCH!) came wandering in. The cat was weird and a little crazy. The cat had a knight with him. “This crazy knight has come in to kill me!!!!” yelled the dragon.
Well, in self defense, the dragon bit their heads off. He knew that he shouldn’t have, but the cat was so good. He dipped the bones in ketchup. The knight’s bones are still there. He spent the knight’s gold on a computer to write the story that you are reading, because, surprise, I am the dragon! As for the knights other stuff, well, I drank the potion (burp!) and popped his hot air balloon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Dan,

    I enjoyed reading "It was a Dark and Stormy Night." Very, very interesting and suspenseful! I think you have a nice writing style. I particularly enjoyed reading that the dragon "dipped the bones in ketchup." I could just picture it!

    My sons, Will (17) and Samuel (21) enjoyed the Merlin series on BBC. There are several seasons. Have you seen Merlin? The reason I mention it is because one of the characters is a dragon....

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete